31 March 2011

A Bica in the Sun

Portugal is a warm country, y'all.


I grew up in a not-so-warm place, so it always amazes me when spring comes in reality at about the same time the calendar says it should. Today was that day for Lisbon, and it was glorious.


I should point out here that this is one of the only ways in which Portugal is prone to running perfectly on schedule.  If you are meeting a Portuguese colleague or friend, by all means show up on time, but bring a book to read while you wait for them to arrive.

Which reminds me:


Meeting friends for afternoon coffee is a wonderful, ubiquitous tradition here.  I knew when I was out walking today, I would see plenty of happy folk enjoying their "bica" with a side of sunshine.

Errr... wait a minute...


Ahhhh, of course!  The traditional first outdoor café of the spring, at GREATOPUS Digital Printing Express.

I did mention that the afternoon coffee was ubiquitous, didn't I?

1 comment:

  1. Mmm...ubiquitous and addictive! So jealous of your sunshine glad you're enjoying it :)

    ReplyDelete